Saturday, December 30, 2017

Back to Winter

Last night in my southern California hotel room I had to turn on the air conditioning because it was humid and 73 F in the room and there was no way I was going to sleep in that heat.

I went for a 4+ mile run this morning in a t-shirt and running pants -- the fog burned off and I spent the second half of the run wishing I'd brought shorts with me. But really, who thinks to pack shorts for the end of December?!

Then I got in my car and drove a really long time with all of the other people fleeing southern California. (Seriously, I-5 was insanely busy today and there weren't any accidents to blame it on.) When I got to Sacramento the temperature was 50 F.

That's the kind of winter I like.

My pet sitter left a note that the cats were affectionate and "the birds were noisy until they were fed". I laughed. Really? My birds? Noisy? That doesn't even begin to describe it. Still, I guess that was the easiest way for her to tell that they were doing well.

------------
It's Holidailies time! Now go read some other blogs! 

No comments: