Thursday, April 22, 2010

How To Win Friends And Influence People

I worked from home today. It was great. I didn't feel the need to rush home, and I could work on my drinking habit a whole hour earlier in the day. Win-win as far as I'm concerned.

The only disturbing part of my day was my quick trip to the Hollywood market, home of the Slushee machine that's had an "Out of order" sign on it for eight years.

Granted, today I went and bought a box of Good & Plenty, because... well, why not? Licorice goodness, crunchy outer coating, and I must have burned at least ten calories walking down the street.

Okay, sure, I used to buy a 20 oz bottle of Diet Coke there every morning on my way in to work. And now I buy my Diet Coke at the grocery store. So I still had some at home.

But still... did she need to greet my purchase with "No more skinny?"

3 comments:

Eric said...

No more skinny?

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Maybe she said something similar to the Slushee machine repairman.

Karen said...

bwahahahahah

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I'm glad my dear family is so sympathetic...