Thursday, April 29, 2010

I feel rather... Egypt... today

Best thing about technology: I no longer have to go to the store to shop for clothes. I can buy everything I need online and have it shipped to my door. This is important because I suffer from store-induced narcolepsy, a serious condition that causes me to get sleepy the minute I walk into a mall. It's possible that there really isn't any oxygen in a mall because it's been displaced by the carbon dioxide used to whisk the Cinnabun smell all over the place. Anyhow, I hate shopping, so the web is a wonderful thing.

However, I've noticed that there's a little inconsistency in clothing sizes, even within the same brand and style. I recently purchased three pairs of jeans, in a smaller size than I previously needed. All three were supposed to be the same style, manufacturer, and size. All three came in one package.

The three pairs of jeans came from three different countries. One pair (Egypt) was slightly larger than the next larger size. The other two were roughly the same size, but not really exactly the same.

Shouldn't this be something that's pretty exact? I would think that they would be working off of some sort of pattern, not just eyeballing the measurements.

Oh well. This way I can always find something that fits me poorly. Just the way I like it.

There may be no quality without metrics, but I'm not sure there's a whole lot either way...

No comments: