Sunday, August 8, 2010

I Hear the Approaching Thunder Now...

I'm feeling a little old this evening. I spent the weekend digging out ivy from around the fence, hand-weeding the front yard, mowing, edging, hoeing the weeds from the side yard, and generally being pretty darn active.

My back hurts, my shoulder is sore, I had a blister on my index finger until it was ripped off by the next weed, I still have a blister on my middle finger, there's a bruise on my right arm, and my neck is stiff. I walked the dog on our usual weekend route (which adds an extra block) both mornings. (Jim is at a pow-wow in North Fork, in case you're curious.)

So why, when I go to the Hollywood Market, do I still get pointedly asked if I want to buy a Diet Coke with my chocolate?

Someday lightening is going to strike that woman. And I will laugh.

2 comments:

Eric said...

This poor woman is being beamed a curse because she cares about her customers. It's so sad.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

The sad thing is that I can't figure out when she isn't working. As far as I can tell she is working every day, pretty much every hour they are open. I'd probably make comments like that, too, if I worked that many hours...