Sunday, August 29, 2010

Home Security 3000

I don't really have that much stuff to steal (aromatic couch? 15+ year old microwave? a bunch of other stuff that smells like Scooter peed on it?), but I increased the home security system over the weekend.

This is Ginger:


She's really Rvan and Christina's dog, but she's on loan while they try to regain some sanity while caring for five month old twins. (I held one of the twins yesterday. It went great for about twenty seconds, then he realized that he didn't know the person holding him, and had an epic meltdown. I think I'm being more helpful by taking the dog for a while...)

You can't really tell from the picture, but she's about the size of a cat. She also has what is kindly referred to as a "little dog personality", so it took a few hours before she stopped growling at Molly. (Molly kept snoring peacefully.)

While Molly didn't even notice the fence builders in the yard, Ginger barked at them. So the alarm system is now working. Of course, neither dog would actually do anything to defend the place -- if someone broke in Molly would go over to get her head rubbed, and Ginger would take the opportunity to run out of the house...

Anyhow, we went to the dog park this evening, where Molly got her head rubbed by everyone and Ginger snapped at all the other little dogs. I consider it a complete success, though, because when it was time to leave I was able to grab Ginger without chasing her all around the dog park. I think that's about all I could wish for at this point.

4 comments:

Eric said...

Babies can see the soul. Show him my portrait and he'll recognize you.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

He was facing away from me the entire time so I don't see how he could have seen my soul. Although... they do say the that to look upon god is terrifying.

Eric said...

God is orange?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

God is a double rainbow across the sky. So yes, partially.