Sunday, December 31, 2023

Unrealistic Expectations

BookBub Ad Update

This ad is finishing the year having spent $1.39, with 3,864 impressions and 9 link clicks.

Unrealistic Expectations

It's 8:30PM and I just drugged the dog. There's nothing like illegal fireworks to make me wish some of humanity to perdition.

WMG Publishing (which is Dean Wesley Smith and Kristine Kathryn Rusch) is hosting a challenge next year: Write 2024 words (on average) every day for the entire year. It's $600 to join, but if you lose, you get $600 credit toward classes plus a t-shirt and mug. If you win, you get a lifetime subscription for workshops (or whatever) and a trophy. So there's not really a downside as long as you plan on taking classes anyhow.

Part of me is thinking "hell yeah, let's go!" And the other part of me (the saner part) is remembering how many days during 2023 that I wrote over 2000 words in a day. I think I can count them all on one hand.

I may sign up anyhow.

Pet Picture of the Day

Let's end the year with the best boy!


Accomplishments of the Day

  • Blocked out the next dragon episode and wrote 400 words. (Okay, see what I mean about expectations? I didn't even write 2000 words on the day I considered signing up for the challenge!)
  • Finalized (?) two of the three new covers for the Jackpot Drift trilogy. I'm still rendering the scene for the third cover — it may take a few iterations until I get something I'm happy with.
  • Yesterday's total step count: unknown since I forgot the pedometer at the house when walking the dog. But today's will be over 10k. I need to get back into a good routine.
  • Remembered Holidailies! (I think there's one more day? I'm always confused. I'll try to remember to make an entry tomorrow, just in case.)

No comments: