Monday, January 1, 2024

Bigger Idiots Than Me

BookBub Ad Update

The stats stayed the same for the day, so I've bumped up the rate to $0.25 (from $0.20) per click.

Bigger Idiots Than Me

I write things on my office walls. (Because why not? The walls are pink. Anyone who buys this house is going to want to repaint this room immediately.) Mostly, it's writing-related, stuff about planting red herrings and giving every scene a conflict, choice, and consequences. I also have the past tenses of lie and lay, because I got tired of looking it up every single time.

This is my latest addition:



It says "Bigger idiots than me have done it!" That's my reminder not to give up before I start. I think more people should write it on their walls.

How's that for a 2024 pep talk?

Pet Picture of the Day

My poor dog is enjoying the current kitten-free days.

Accomplishments of the Day

  • Figured out what I'm writing for the Patreon digital bonus
  • Wrote most of the dragon episode. I'll finish it this evening.
  • Wrote my monthly goals post on the other blog.
  • Didn't sign up for the 2024 words/day challenge, though I think I'm going to aim for that number. Will I make it to that on day one? No. No, I will not. I'll probably be around 1,500 words when I pack it in for the day. That's probably a sign that I did the right thing by not signing up.
  • Yesterday's total step count: 13,158. Today's will probably be lower.
  • Finished Holidailies! Thanks for reading!

No comments: