Thursday, December 14, 2023

Routine

Kitten Update

Still no kittens today. But I did drive four Husky mix puppies up to Auburn (about one hour away). There's nothing quite as wonderful as four little voices singing AWOO in the back seat. They fell asleep about ten minutes into the drive and were perfect (if a little stinky) passengers until I handed them off to the humane society volunteer who met us at the halfway point.


BookBub Ad Update

$2.82 spent, 1183 impressions, and 0 clicks. This ad is really going swimmingly! Perhaps I should switch to a cost-per-click ad. Or maybe I can just pretend that I'm gaining brand awareness...


Routine

All my life, I have struggled with sticking with a routine. Sometimes I find something that seems to work and I think "Aha! This is it! This is the perfect way to structure my day!" And it is. For about two weeks. And then the routine starts to grate. More time goes by and it gets increasingly hard to follow, until I give it up completely and float a bit until I find another routine that seems to work and the cycle starts all over again.

A couple weeks ago, I was watching this video (Elizabeth Filips How I Study with a Full-Time Job: My Strategic Scheduling). Part of what she's talking about feels like the problems I have with maintaining a routine. But since I don't really make up a set schedule, I haven't really figured out how to implement her suggestions properly.

I don't know. Maybe I'll try making a schedule just for Mondays or something and see how it goes.

Do you have a routine that works for you?


Pet Picture of the Day

Hello!



Accomplishments of the Day

  • Drove some puppies to Auburn. Awoo!
  • Finished writing the newsletter that goes out on Saturday.
  • Remembered Holidailies!
  • Added 111 words to the urban fantasy WIP (okay, yeah, that's a little pathetic. Still better than zero.)
  • Yesterday's step count: 12,378. Today's will be a bit higher, but not much.

2 comments:

KarenD said...

You had me at puppies.

I have some routines, but not really a schedule. The time I get out of bed varies a lot, so if I had a schedule, I'd either have to set an alarm or miss the first hour or two of it on a lot of days. I guess I've just resigned myself to not getting as much done as I'd like to.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I have an alarm that I mostly ignore, but I have noticed I get a lot more done in the mornings than after about noon.