Thursday, December 7, 2023

Chilling

The kittens left more than 24 hours ago, which means I've had no excuse to heat the house above 55. (I have a space heater in my office, so it's not that bad.) Even knowing that there are no kittens in the bathroom, I have checked the browser tab with the kitten cam multiple times. I know I'm not alone!

In other news, all the trees dropped their leaves last night and we've had some rain. The street sweepers were waging a hopeless battle against the leaves this morning, but I think it's going to take more than one attempt to get things under control. (Did I take a picture of the battle? No, I did not. Oh well.)

Pet Picture of the Day

Nightingale is ready for any trouble!


Accomplishments of the Day

  • Relaxed and read Paladin's Faith (the new T. Kingfisher novel) because I've been feeling a little off for the past 24 hours. Is it a cold? Is it just a bad night of sleep? Is it lack of caffeine? Is it too much caffeine? (Okay, it's not that last one. I often have a bunch of caffeine right before bed just so I can sleep.) Honestly, I have no idea what's going on, but I'm fine with just throttling back on doing things for a day or two. Ugh. I suppose I should take a Covid test just to be sure, though my risk is pretty low.
  • Added 427 words to Theoretical Magic.
  • Worked on the newsletter a bit. (No rush — it's not going out until the 16th.)
  • Yesterday's total step count: 10,623. Today's will be about the same.
  • To-do still today: a trip to the grocery store. Normally I walk there, but I need to buy dog food and carrying a 17-lb bag for a mile is a pain in the ass, even when I'm feeling fine, so I'll drive.

1 comment:

bozoette said...

Hope you feel better soon!