Thursday, December 22, 2022

The Last Write-in

Yesterday I went to my last write-in of the year. My current schedule has a Wednesday morning write-in in the restaurant specializing in crepes and a Saturday afternoon write-in at the local coffee shop. Both those venues were chosen because they have outdoor seating and don't mind people taking up space for a couple hours. I tip heavily to encourage that behavior.

Luckily, I live in a climate that makes that mostly possible, even in winter. Layers are my friend, as are my scarf and fingerless gloves.

I miss sitting in a warm room when it's cold outside, but it's just not worth it at this point. The only people I know who haven't had COVID/RSV/flu in the past month are the people who don't spend time in crowded indoor locations. Please note that I'm not saying anyone who spends time indoors deserves to get sick — nobody deserves to be sick, no matter what they do. But I can rearrange my life to minimize my risks, and it seems stupid not to.

Having said that, I'm about to visit with a bunch of people who will be flying and visiting other groups of people right before we meet up, so... Fingers crossed the test kits are accurate!

Obligatory Photo


The view from the coffee shop patio. It really is a great place.



No comments: