Tuesday, December 13, 2022

Art in Progress

I finished watching all the videos for the sculpture class, and now I'm starting my own. It's going great! [throat clearing noises]

Actually, so far it's fine. Here's the drawing I'm starting with. You'd be surprised how hard it is to find a sideview picture of a wolf/fox/whatever that isn't turning to look at the camera. I had to mix a few photos together, but I'm secure in the knowledge that nothing I produce will look anything like the original so it absolutely doesn't matter.

(Yeah, I don't know what the neck is supposed to look like either.)


Then I moved on to making the wire armature. This was attempt two.



Let's just say that mistakes were made on attempt #1, which resulted in four legs of various lengths and then I ran out of wire before I got to the tail. I learned some things.

Anyhow, I'm happy with how it is progressing. The next step is to use epoxy clay to strengthen the armature. I'm reasonably confident I can get through that, though I was pretty confident I could get through the wire armature step in one try, too, so I may be overestimating my abilities.

Right, well, it's time to go bathe kittens again. Enjoy your Tuesday!

No comments: