Tuesday, December 6, 2022

An Adult Lives Here, I swear

Apparently, my family has reverted to celebrating the holidays in Southern California this year. My mom still lives there, so it makes some sense, but the only thing I like about Orange County is my family. Everything else (traffic, architecture, traffic, billboards, traffic, omg is it ugly down there, etc.) sucks.

Because I'd assumed we were staying up here, I didn't book space for my dog to board back in July, and now he's on the second page of the waiting list. I suspect there won't be that many cancellations. So... I'll probably have to take him with me. That means he'll probably spend a lot of time at my brother's place during the day, since my mom isn't really into having animals in the house. And I'll have to book a hotel that allows dogs.

Anyhow, that's more or less sorted, the fungus-ridden foster kittens will go back to the shelter until I return, and my petsitter is still in business and agreed to look after the rest of my pets.

Which means I need to clean up the house so it looks like an actual adult lives here.

I mean, I'm not a hoarder, but I really don't notice when stuff piles up. I have a stack of empty CSA boxes in the living room, and the dining table has plant repotting supplies. The dog crate in the living room is covered with stacks of junk mail. There are cobwebs everywhere.

None of this stuff bothers me until I have to make the place presentable for someone else. And I haven't really had anyone visit for three years.

Luckily I have a couple weeks to get it all under control. But it's good that I'm starting now...


Obligatory Picture

This is Christmassy, right?



Currently Reading

  • I have a few hours left on the audiobook of Tuesday Mooney Talks to Ghosts by Kate Racculia. Fingers crossed the book sticks the landing — I've been enjoying it so far.

  • Just finished the advanced reader copy of Fangs a Million by Tammie Painter. If a cozy mystery set in a circus of unusual creatures in the 1920s sounds like your sort of thing, you should check out this series. It's a lot of fun!


No comments: