Thursday, December 24, 2020

Stollen Day

I spent the day uploading the formatted cozy novella to the six distributors that I go through, which is a tedious process, but just has to be done. They all say it will be live within 72 hours, but it's Christmas Eve, so I have my doubts. (It's already live on Smashwords, but I've never actually sold anything through Smashwords, so I'm not sure that matters.)

I considered making myself a whisky sour earlier in the day, since I have a bunch of lemons and some whisky, but drinking and publishing seemed like a bad combination.

The other thing I've been doing this afternoon is baking stollen. I used the candied orange & lemon chunks leftover from the cranberry muffins, plus the traditional (ie, store-bought)  candied peel. It still needs to have melted butter brushed on the top and then powdered sugar sprinkled over it.

Stollen loaf, with bits of candied fruit peel visible
After I took this, I compared it to the picture my mom sent me of hers, and I decided mine needed to go back in the oven for a while. Fingers crossed this all turns out.

I did cut the recipe in half -- one loaf ought to last me for a while.


Gratuitous Dog Picture


This is from a couple of years ago, near Putah Creek. Happy dogs!


Two dogs on the banks above a river
Happy Holidays!

No comments: