Sunday, December 13, 2020

Unhappy Dogs

 Today it is raining (which is my fault, according to the dogs) and we did not have our regular popcorn drop (which is also my fault, according to the dogs). The dogs are just having a bad day. The lack of popcorn is my fault, of course, but the Roomba was running at 3:30PM because I forgot to run it earlier, and I didn't want the Roomba to try to vacuum up the popcorn while the dogs were eating it. Eh. They'll get over it.

I spent most of the day writing one of two missing scenes for the novella, and making candied lemon & orange. I'm planning on using it in the stollen this year instead of the stuff you buy in the store. I may have to adjust the recipe a bit because mine isn't quite as dry. As with everything I bake, it will be an adventure.

Candied lemon and orange pieces, spread out on baking paper, with a bowl of lemons, oranges, pomegranates, and ginger behind the baking sheet
I also added a few chunks of ginger to wake it up a bit. It's quite good.

No popcorn?

An Alaskan Husky, clearly waiting for popcorn
Imagine this face, except everywhere I turned for an hour. That was today.



2 comments:

Sherck said...

When it's raining, I have to put my dog's leash on, take her to the door, and give her a moment to process how bad the weather is, then she'll turn around and stop asking to go out.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

The problem with two dogs is that they both think the other one must want to go, so they just keep going until everyone is getting wet and then they look at me like "Why are you forcing us to be outside?". Unless it's pouring. Then the little dog won't even go through the door.