Saturday, February 17, 2024

Day 17: Birds!

Welcome to day 17 of Thingadailies. Want to play along? The full video is here.

Today's starting point: 16:43

Ending point: 17:14

Happy Bleach & Lime Sulfur Day! Yes, the cat with ringworm has been bathed and the bathroom bleached, and now it's time to add some birds to our picture.

We started with something like this:


Step 1: Bring in the birds

The birds were on a transparent background, so I literally just needed to open the file.


Can you see them? They're black and hard to pick out, right?

Step 2: Invert the birds

They aren't flying upside down. We're just inverting the color. 

Much more visible. But they're a little too white.

Step 3: Make the birds gray

Yes, the levels window is your friend here. I also squished the birds a bit.


Step 4: Futz around with the light hitting the forest.

Okay, so I did a little of this, decided I liked the original lighting better, and then split the difference. Is this an improvement? I'm not sure. But it's there, even if I can't see the difference in these screenshots.


We're getting to the end of the tutorial. Tomorrow, I add rock steps.

Tip of the day: 
Birds add that bit of movement this image needed.

No comments: