As a reminder, I'm currently noodling around with the cover for a reader magnet that goes along with this book:
Yesterday I found a picture of a calico cat and messed around with it a bit to get it to look more like an illustration than a photo.
Then I worked on adding some height to the photo, since I'm going to need something to put the text on.
Clearly I just copied some sections and stacked them. Part of that will be blocked out to make the text stand out, so I'm not too worried about it.
The color palette is all wrong, so I made some changes...
So... it's getting closer to what I want. Yes, I still need to deal with the big black space at the bottom, and maybe try to get the layers to blend a little better. (Ha! I have no idea how to start with that...)
Anyhow, I'm having fun, and I think this is going in a direction I want, so I'll keep messing with it tomorrow.
Post a Comment