Here is what they look like so far:
The official mold (minus one piece because I didn't mix enough concrete):
Then there are these two:
I do like the little initials piece, but it would have to be a prototype for a stepping stone for fairies or something. (Which would actually be kind of cool, now that I think about it.) I think the mosaic tiles might actually stay in it.
This one is okay, but a little boring, and I think the glass is going to fall out. It's pretty sturdy, though:
I like this one, but I think the dye around the leaves would have worked better than this:
For some reason this one reminds me of archeology. I sort of like it. Also, the little dog was tired of me concentrating on things that were not her:
And finally, the new one I did for today. That's black dye surrounding the leaf.
Here are the things I've learned so far:
- I really can't follow directions. (This is not new information.)
- When in doubt, keep mixing instead of adding more water. Really. Just put the water down and walk away.
- The best way to level the surface is to pick up the container and let it thunk to the ground a bunch of times.
- I think the sixty pound bag of concrete mix may not be mixed very well which could be contributing to my problems since I'm only making small batches at one time.
I believe little dog is telling you what is missing is one with paw prints. These are turning out well. I love the top one!
I've considered trying to get dog paw prints but neither dog likes their feet touched. -- that's a bit of an understatement -- so getting a paw print and then cleaning their feet afterward might be too traumatic.
(Also, I made too many paw print impressions from dead animals in my former career, so it's borderline creepy for me.)
Post a Comment