Saturday, February 3, 2018

Concrete Is Supposed to Harden, Right?

Day three of Thingadailies:

I'd planned on using the real stepping stone form today, but then I took a look at what I made yesterday and decided maybe I needed to perfect my mix just a bit.

This is what it looks like today. Still something that would require a trip to the emergency clinic if it came from one of my pets. I'm not sure this is actually going to harden. I guess I'll find out in the next few days.

I decided to try something new with the dye. This time I used green. It doesn't look particularly green. It also doesn't particularly look like I fixed my technique for mixing either. At the last minute I decided to add some leaf imprints. So... depending on how this looks tomorrow I may or may not use the real form for the next one.

Still, at least it's an improvement. I can't ask for much more than that.

(That's a total lie. I expect things to be perfect all the time.)

 All I can say is that my New Year's resolution was to fail more and I'm killing it!


Route 8 said...

What you are calling failures would be my successes. I hope the leaf imprints work out!

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I hope so, too, or there's going to have to be a lot of post-processing...