Saturday, December 14, 2019

Wet Junk in the Trunk

On Tuesday we had agility in the rain, so I was expecting my car to smell of wet dog on Wednesday, but it wasn't too bad.

Then I didn't use my car until this morning, and when I opened the door there was a powerful musty odor. I thought maybe it was the wet dog scent left in the back seat and it would dissipate after a bit of air circulation, but it didn't go away. Then I started wondering if I'd missed a bag of groceries in the trunk the week before, but I was pretty sure I would have noticed that when I put them away.

It turned out to be my dogs' collapsible crates. Only one dog can run the course at a time during agility, so the other dogs in the class stay in their crates and rest. Or, in the big dog's case when I'm working with the little dog, stay in their crates and bark their fool heads off like an idiot. The crates have nylon sides and pack down nicely. I keep them in the trunk because the only thing I use them for is agility.

Note to self: if the crates get wet, you need to take them out, open them up, and let them dry. I really hope they dry out in the garage. And that my car stops smelling.

Assorted children's shoes lined up on a brick planter with plants in the background.
Unrelated collection of little kids' shoes I saw a few months ago during a walk downtown.

No comments: