Wednesday, December 18, 2019

Rain Non-Runner

I was planning on going for a run this morning, but when I woke up at 4am to let the very whiny dog outside (either because he wanted to go hunt persimmons or because the previously slaughtered persimmons had made their way through him; I couldn't tell), it had started raining before I got back to sleep. I took that as a sign and slept in until nearly seven.

I'm also using the rain as an excuse to not walk the dogs this evening. Spending 3-4 hours driving during the day makes me really tired and I don't want to leave the house. That probably makes me a bad pet owner, but the dogs aren't too excited about walking when it's raining either. We're just going to agree that the day is over.

In other news, I am shocked -- shocked, I tell you! -- that the company that was supposed to call me today after 4pm to schedule a time for the (rescheduled) delivery tomorrow did not in fact call me today. The online link says that they are planning to deliver it between 9am and noon, but I'm taking that with a few mountains of salt.

Two dogs curled up separately on a big dog bed
I've eaten things you people wouldn't believe. Black figs up higher than my shoulder on our sidewalk. I ate cat poop glittering in the dark near Tannhäuser Gate. All those meals will be lost in time, like persimmons in the rain. Time to whine.

2 comments:

Sherck said...

She's never gotten into persimmon, but our dog has had her share of culinary adventures, starting with her puppy days when she ate Neil Gaiman's American Gods in paperback and a box of flax seed cookies, which left her pooping like a champ for days. She also hates going out in the rain--she's literally gone close to 24 hours without peeing rather than go out in the rain, though she's gotten a little less fussy about it as she's gotten older.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Persimmons and figs also really work to keep a dog regular, or more than regular, but I can imagine that flax seed cookies is probably right up there.

The big dog will go out in the rain to pee, but the little dog -- she'll hold it forever if the weather is bad. I put down puppy pads for those events.