Monday, December 16, 2019

Time For Random Pictures

We've hit the halfway point in this month of Holidailies and I've got nothing tonight, so I'm just going to go through my photo roll and post some random stuff.

Slender tree trunk with sign "Fred, Please stop cutting branches off of this tree"
A neighborhood that communicates is a neighborhood that has signs all over the trees.

If you walk in the alleys enough, you find interesting signs:
Marker for a branch line of the California Pacific Railroad
"Up to 16,000 Chinese men worked on California railroads in the 1860s." And yet maybe two non-white people were in my grade school history books. It's almost like the writing was a little skewed.

Late night walks sometimes produce some odd things:
Three cats gathering outside
"I'm sure you're wondering why I called you here tonight..."

This one just deserves to be on every blog post:
Two kittens stare through a hole in the floor into a field of stars



This bed is almost good enough for him:
Dog on cushion on top of couch
He's got the whole "Princess and the Pea" vibe happening here.

The big dog gets his stitches out tomorrow and with any luck I won't have to run around in the rain at agility. That's enough to look forward to.

2 comments:

Route 8 said...

Stitches? I must have missed what happened. A bad landing after a leap for a persimmon?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I'm not totally sure what he did. He was out back for a few minutes (in the fenced back yard) and somehow lacerated his foot.

It's all better now!

(He's still patrolling for persimmons.)