Monday, February 6, 2023

Webcomic: Day 6

 Scenery change!


Things I learned today

  1. This pergola scene was easier to work with than the office building of the last few panels. It's smaller, so my computer was happier and I had an easier time finding the characters. (I need to go back and rewatch some basic navigation videos — I suspect I'm missing some basic skills.)

  2. I was able to easily copy the characters as a "scene subset" and bring them into another scene. (Then I gave Ian the Newport pants and shoes because I just couldn't take it anymore. Maybe I'll find a different haircut for him soon...)

  3. There was some weirdness in moving the cameras around in the new scene. I think they must have a fixed location that I was fighting against. So add that to the list of things I don't understand.

  4. The "flirty" expression should be relabeled "vacuous". Then again, maybe that's accurate?

  5. There's a little more motion in this group of four and it helps.

  6. I figured out how to move the dog's head. It's not in the standard pose controls, but if you select the neck sections, you can turn and twist. You can't quite get the head tilt you'd expect from a questioning Rottweiler, but it's close.

Outtakes

(Not really an outtake, but look at the happy dog!)



No comments: