Friday, February 17, 2023

Webcomic: Day 17


Things I learned today

  1. I created an outdoor scene and added trees and grass, using multiple instances (instead of copying each individually). I'm pretty sure I could make it better by varying the individual instances (which would be pretty quick), but I'm pretty happy with how that turned out for twenty minutes work.

  2. I added purple ground fog which... hides the fact that there's no ground in some places, but I don't think is high enough to actually look like fog. I'll play with parameters later.

  3. I got a weird checkerboard pattern until I told it not to show the ground in one of the render settings. Except then I realized that pattern was just showing up because it was a png file (which has transparency) and wasn't really there.

  4. Got closer with the inside lighting today. Lesson learned: the dog needs more light than the person. I'm not sure if that's something about the dog's coat parameters, the fact that the dog is dark, or just that the person is up higher (and closer to the lights) than the dog.

No comments: