Friday, February 10, 2023

Webcomic: Day 10


    Things I learned today

    1. This is going to be really obvious, but... If you put a light in the scene in a spot where it's visible to the camera, the light will show up in the final render. Panel 3 has a rectangle of light pointing at the camera. On an outtake of panel 4, I had the camera behind the light so there's a dark rectangle.

      In my defense, it's hard to get the lights up high and not on the other side of the ceiling. That's my excuse and I'm sticking with it.

    2. Mostly I learned how much I suck at trying to light a scene correctly. This is nothing new. Every once in a while I get it close to right and then I move the camera around and the angles are all wrong again.

    Outtakes

    Oh, hey, there's a big black rectangle near his head because I stuck a light in the middle of the shot. Oops.



    No comments: