Thursday, February 2, 2023

Webcomic: Day 2

All kinds of learning took place today, but I'll be honest and admit that 90% of the improvement had to do with making the ceiling visible. (I had made the ceiling invisible when I was trying to figure out where the person had ended up after I added her to the scene.) Why did that change the lighting so much? Apparently there's a fireball hovering overhead...?

You might have to click to make it bigger.




Things I learned today

  1. Canva has a comic template to make it easier to layout panels. I probably need to use something more vertical for the blog though.

  2. Lighting: adding the ceiling made a huge improvement, but now it's too dark. I need to actually use lights.

  3. Set dressing: The more renders I made of this giant empty building, the more I realized there's a reason people get paid to do set dressing. Tomorrow's scene takes place elsewhere, so I'll see if I can find some things to scatter around.

  4. Posing: The pose in the first panel makes me laugh. It's harder than you think!

  5. I figured out how to add something on the other side of the windows.

Anyhow, this is enough of an improvement from yesterday that a whole different set of flaws is visible. Yay for progress!

No comments: