Thursday, October 1, 2015

October Begins

It has come to my attention that I've been neglecting my blog. Or to be more accurate, somebody noticed that I've been neglecting the blog. (I already knew.)

As everyone knows, the only way to make up for neglect is go overboard and spend all of your time with the neglected person/object. So I'm going to make an effort to blog daily all through October. That will help me prepare for NaNoWriMo next month. Building the writing muscle and all that.

Also, the fall television offerings have been a complete loss so far, so I should have extra time.

The good news is that I should have all kinds of things to blog about this month because the master bathroom remodel is scheduled to start on Monday and then it will be four weeks of surprises and disasters as my house is torn apart and put back together.

For example, I found out yesterday during the scheduled-but-nobody-told-me-about-it pre-construction meeting that they will be laying down a strip of heavy paper from the front door, through the living room, down the hall, and into the master bedroom in order to protect the hardwood floor. That would be great except for this:


Yes, that's Scooter. He's adorable. He also has a fetish for peeing on paper and plastic. So in his view they're about to put down a twenty-foot litterbox for him to use.

October ought to be just awesome.

No comments: