Sunday, March 23, 2014

All the Important Things

Apparently the first trick of the dog tricks class will be to find another three people to sign up because it requires four participants to avoid cancellation. I will be sad if Ginger misses her chance to literally jump through hoops.

In the meantime the cats are having the best weekend of their lives because I unearthed a box of old cat toys that nobody ever played with. Turns out that I just needed to let them age for a few years. Also, I recovered an old scratching post with new sisal, so that's been another popular item. Really I recovered it because it just looked terrible, but the fact that they are fighting over who gets to use it is a bonus.

My car got a new timing belt (scheduled maintenance), so I guess that means that I'm not buying a new car any time soon and I should just send in my registration renewal. The best thing about having my car worked on is that they fixed the light that illuminates things on the dash so now I will be able to see how fast I am going when it is dark out and I'm less likely to run out of gas. It's the little things...

And finally, Camp NaNoWriMo kicks off in another week and a half so I am busy plotting. By which I mean that maybe I should figure out what's supposed to happen in this book before I start.

Weeding can wait.

2 comments:

JJ said...

I need to resisal our cat perch as well since the sisal is not just ugly but falling off.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

The falling-off sisal was part of the ugliness.

I used wood glue to help hold it on and we're at one week and counting.

Sisal is really rough on the hands, but I don't know how well glue and gloves go together. It would probably work for someone who's a little more coordinated and plans things out better than I do.