Wednesday, January 6, 2021

Exposure

It's been an odd day.

Apart from the minor little coup d'etat, I had the experience of waking up to a Facebook notification that someone had liked the Tess Baytree author page. I was reading this on my ancient tablet, and the person's icon was tiny, but I thought "Wow, what an unfortunate crop of that icon. It makes it look just like male genitalia." (That is not a direct quote, but you get the idea.)

Then I got out of bed and fed everyone and sat down at my gigantic hi-res monitor, and got another notification. The new follower had posted something on my author page.

Friends, that was not a thing I needed to see while I was eating my cereal. I got my cardio workout in as I frantically clicked a bunch of different things trying to make it all go away. As part of the procedure to block the user, I was exposed to his profile page and I'm just saying, he seems very obsessed.

Anyhow, I have never been so relieved to only have three followers to my author page.

An Image To Help You Forget

This is a painting I did about ten years ago because I thought it would be funny, and then Jon (who sat in the cubicle next to me at the time) and I swapped it for some other artwork on the wall, and waited to see how long it would take before someone noticed.

A painting of a frog rowing a boat, with a clownfish in the nearby water, done by T. Baumgartner
As far as I know, this is still hanging on the wall.


No comments: