Sunday, January 24, 2016

Shuffle, Zombies!

Eight weeks ago I started training for a 5k using the "Zombies, Run!" app and yesterday I completed the final workout. I'm not sure I cover five km during my runs. Heck, I'm not even sure what I'm doing qualifies as running. But in any case, I'm in better shape now than I was then, so that's something.

I'm not really ready for the public humiliation that would ensue by running in an actual 5k race. We'll see. In the meantime, I've downloaded the "Zombies, Run!" non-training app. In this one you just go on missions to get stuff.

I need to create better music playlists, though, because there's nothing like a slow song to really make those minutes crawl. Also, during this last run I had promised myself that I would stop and walk at the end of the next song, and then Golden Earring's "Twilight Zone" came on. And went on. And on. I had made it to the other side of the circuit I travel before I remembered that I own the extended remix version and time really hadn't come to a complete stop.

Perhaps I should try books on tape...

No comments: