Sunday, September 9, 2012

Thoughts of the Day

Here are some random thoughts from today:

- It's amazing how many days start with me saying out loud "What did I just step in?"

- I love my dogs, but why do I often wish the dogs were a little more like the cats, but I never wish the cats were more like the dogs?

- I send a lot of email to my boss consisting of forwarded messages where I've just added "La la la la la" because I can't deal with the stupidity of it all.

- I've officially named my dogs in aggregate the "stalkerazzi". They need to learn how to nap or something.

- Based on how much time it took me to clean up the back yard today, I'm feeding the stalkerazzi entirely too much food.

- Why does my work computer hang for ten minutes when I lose the VPN connection? Is this really the best they could come up with? I'd reboot it, but that usually takes about fifteen minutes. I guess slowing everything down is one way to make everything secure -- I'd certainly never steal that thing.

- Why does the VPN connection always go down when I have about two minutes of work left to do?

- If I throw the laptop through the window, can I write the repairs off as a business expense? Does that require a special form?

- Apparently manually ending Outlook to try to speed up re-establishing the VPN connection is not a good idea. Now I get to reboot after waiting ten minutes in the first place.

- Can I get the two minutes of work that I need to do finished within one hour? It's looking doubtful.

- Listening to podcasts while running works well as long as it's something that I find interesting enough to grab my attention. The podcast from The New Yorker about the ethics of using confidential informants worked well.The podcast about stranded prepositions not so much.

- If I ever have episodes of syncope and you need to raise my blood pressure, showing me the Windows XP logo will probably take care of the problem without any additional pharmaceutical intervention.


I think I'll go watch another episode of The Closer while I wait for the laptop to boot...

No comments: