Sunday, September 23, 2012

Couching Tiger, Skeet-shooting Dragon

I was going to celebrate the successful conclusion of the Couch to 5K program by taking my sofa outside and hacking it apart with my sawz-all, but one of the cats was sleeping on it, so I took a nap instead.

So now the question is: what next? I mean, clearly I have mastered jogging. I could use a little work on my falling on concrete technique, but as far as I know that's not an Olympic sport (although it's just stupid enough that it might have been added as one...).

I'm thinking maybe mountain climbing. Small, small mountains. Nothing over about eight feet. And I'll need a well-cushioned surface below.

If that doesn't work out, maybe I'll go with skeet shooting. I can say "pull" or whatever it is that you're supposed to yell. (I might need to look up a few details first.) I should probably warn my neighbors before I start shooting, but they've been really understanding in the past.

Or maybe I'll just try to extend my jogging distance a bit...

No comments: