Thursday, April 28, 2011

More Attntion To Detail

One of the contractors working on the project is leaving soon and sent out a good-bye message today. Here is what it says, in part:

"Dear All,
I want to bid farewell to you all and inform you that I am leaving my position at []. Tomorrow is my last day at work. I have enjoyed working for this company and I appreciate having had this wonderful opportunity to work with you all."

Pretty standard stuff, right? Except that it actually does say "inform you that I am leaving my position at []." I didn't redact that.

The person who's leaving seems like a nice enough guy, so I couldn't really send the following:

"Dear [],
We appreciate all your hard work during your time here. Good luck in your future endeavors and keep in touch!"

But I thought about it...

2 comments:

Karen said...

that totally cracks me up.
Well, (s)he didn't waste time reinventing the wheel!
http://careerbright.com/career-self-help/sample-goodbye-emails-to-colleagues

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I think that makes it even funnier. Here I was assuming that his contracting company sent him a template to send out (and maybe that is still what happened), but if he actually went out and searched for the proper thing to say and then still left the company name like that...