Thursday, March 10, 2011

It Must Be Spring!

I can always tell when it's Spring because I have the sudden urge to make my backyard look better. Generally I then do one thing (or half of one thing) and then give up for another year. This explains why my yard looks the way it does.

This year I think I'm going to put raised beds in the garden. My neighbor came up with this cool thing called the "M Brace" (that's my neighbor Jill in the video) which makes raised beds really easy to put together. I'm thinking I might be able to get all the way through putting these together before I run out of steam.

(On a side note, the business is apparently doing really well, which is great. I'm hoping they make enough money to retire very comfortably without making so much money that they feel they have to move someplace else. In any case, I'll let them pick up the tab on the next fence.)

I'm glad I have the neighbors that I do -- the people two houses away complained about my neighbor's chickens and said that their grown son was afraid to bring his baby over because chickens carry diseases. We're talking five chickens in the world's nicest (and cleanest) chicken coop. Unbelievable.

Had those neighbors complained about my (theoretical) chickens, they might have suffered the same fate as the orange stray...

2 comments:

JJ said...

I was told the true sign of spring is a sudden upswing in roadkill.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

By that measure, it's definitely Spring -- I've passed at least twenty dead raccoons on the way to work in the past two weeks...