Thursday, January 20, 2011

Five more minutes...zzzz

At 7:30 this evening I realized I was suddenly really, really tired. Possible causes?

- I had just finished deploying the latest release to the production server, something that I find both very stressful and very tedious.

- After the deployment I went back to my own work, which involved testing this little change that I made that affected all sorts of things and testing is just boring (although necessary).

- I was heading into hour nine of the workday.

- I'm getting old. (This was Jeff's contribution. Please note that he is three years older than I am.)

or...

- The night before last I went to bed at 10:30 pm and ended up reading until 3:30 am, which gave me a whopping three hours to sleep before I had to get up again.


See, this is the great thing about being an adult and the reason that you couldn't pay me enough money to go back through childhood again. If I want to stay up and read, well then, I can damn well stay up late and read. Of course, the downside is that I have responsibilities and I will pay for not getting enough sleep, but still, it's the principle of the thing.

I think I'll have brownies and bagels for breakfast tomorrow...

No comments: