Friday, February 12, 2010

Diamonds Aren't A Girl's Best Friend

I'm the first person to admit that I'm not a very observant person. In fact, K-poo had to point out that there was wallpaper on one wall of my bedroom, and I've owned the house for eight years. (It runs in the family -- Jeff, as a child, once responded to a request that he get something out of the garage with "What garage?")

All this means is that I don't notice anything about my living space after about two days. Except for this:




This is the wallpaper on all the walls of the bathroom. This is just ugly. Unfortunately, this I notice every day.

I might paint the bathroom soon...

3 comments:

JJ said...

Don't paint over the wallpaper. You're going to have to take it down. I've seen way too many home improvement shows to know that painting wallpaper is just bad news.

Eric said...

Oh, the wallpaper is fine. You just need to add some wainscoting.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

JJ: That knowledge is already in the little that I do know about home decorating. When I was 8 years old we moved into a house where they had painted over wallpaper with an oil-based paint. I had to chip it off the walls. I would never do that. Getting that wallpaper off is going to be a pain, though -- they put that stuff on to last...

Eric: Wainscoting in the bathroom? What kind of barbarian are you?