Thursday, June 18, 2009

Yeah, I'm Just Poetry in Motion

Eric inspired me to set down some of my internship/residency experiences in haiku form. You might notice a pattern. (Okay, a pattern besides the 5-7-5 haiku thing...)

Little Pomeranian
-----------------
Ate sago palm seeds.
Liver fried, no hope for life.
It went home and died.


Barn Owl
-------------
Broken wing all fixed.
Shattered again in flight cage.
And then I killed it.


Great Horned Owl
-------------------
Barbed wire stuck in eye.
Took eye out, but fungus grew.
And then I killed it


Labrador with heart-base tumor
-----------------
Biopsied tumor.
Bleeding, gushing blood, yet lived.
"Sample size too small".


Juvenile Egret
----------------
Out of nest it fell.
Almost every bone broken.
And then I killed it


Okay, on a different note, since nobody believed it was a picture of K-poo that I had (oh-so-skillfully!) superimposed on the dog's head in the last post, I give you the original below.


It's not the best-quality photograph (probably due to bad lighting), but it really is K-poo. So there.

7 comments:

Eric said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Eric said...

You might notice a pattern.

Yeah. The birds are telling each other in bird-speak "don't go in there. You'll never come out alive."

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

"don't go in there. You'll never come out alive."

My students said that about the rotation, too...

JJ said...

Rich liked your haikus. He is a big fan of haikus.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

JJ: Clearly Rich is a man of good taste. ;-)

A Free Man said...

These are really sad. I can't say I envy your job.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

AFM: The haikus or the photography? Anyhow, I had a few successes. I once fixed a constipated snake. How many people can say that?