Sunday, May 7, 2023

This is Why Professionals Get Paid

Here we have an example of two steps forward, one step back.

The dragon still isn't working, but you can definitely see it better, so... I don't know. Maybe I'll look for a different dragon that isn't so monochromatic.

Fading out the bottom makes the text much more readable. I opaqued the bricks slightly, but it's hard to tell I did it.

Oh well. It's an interesting exercise. And honestly, this is better than a significant percentage of the urban fantasy covers out there.

Here's the new version:



And the previous one for comparison:



2 comments:

Route 8 said...

You are good at this! I agree there is something about the dragon that isn't working. It looks rather flat. I shudder to suggest it but I wonder if a subtle drop shadow might help.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

It sounds like a good thing to try! (Now I'm off to find a video...)