Sunday, August 3, 2014

I Have All The Dirt

So camp Nano is done and once again I managed to get all of my words in, which makes me a "winner". Granted, most of those words need to come right back out. My outline for the second book wasn't quite as specific as it should have been, so things changed along the way. Maybe it would have happened even if I'd plotted it better in advance. I will need to edit with a heavy hand (when I get around to it).

Look at my steady progress throughout the month:


My cabin... well, we did better than the April camp. At least this time everyone in the cabin showed up a few times.


I celebrated this weekend by ordering four cubic yards of dirt and three yards of mulch. Moving four yards of dirt (approximately 100 billion loads in the wheelbarrow) around in temperatures over 100 F is not really a good idea, but I did it and it's done. The mulch is still sitting on my driveway.

My neighbors' older daughter got married over the weekend. It sounds like a good time was had by all, especially the uncle of the bride (in his mid-sixties) who took one of the other guests back to his hotel room that evening.

The little dog and I are signed up for the agility class that starts this week (unless it gets cancelled because not enough people signed up). Between Ginger's fear of new things, fear of heights, and love of growling at other dogs on leash, I suspect it will be somewhat of a disaster, at least initially. Still, it could be fun. We'll see...

Anyhow, I'm off to bed with promises to my back that I won't ask it to lift anything for at least the next five days. Have a good week!

No comments: