Sunday, July 13, 2014

A Postcard From Camp

I am once again camping at Camp NaNoWriMo for July. This time they made the concept of "private" cabins (ie, invitation only) which meant people could seek out people on their own instead of getting randomly sorted into a group of twelve.

I'm in a cabin that I found through the forum thread titled "Geriatric, grumpy, can't remember where we parked, cabin mates". (That's actually true.) The age of people signed up for camp skews very, very low (somewhere around 13-15), so at 45 I'm sort of old. But not as old as the majority of people in my cabin, so now I'm sort of young. It's a good group, though, and there are no dead bodies stinking up the cabin. We're not very likely to hit the cabin goal, but I'm on track for mine and that's all that really matters.

In other deja vu news, the little dog and I are signed up for dog training class again. I can't imagine what we'll be working on since she knows every command in existence (as long as that command is sit, down, or touch and there aren't any other dogs nearby -- stay is still a little iffy...)

So that's my life lately. In case you wondered...

No comments: