Sunday, February 9, 2014

Good Dog!

The little dog and I start the basic dog training class this week. It should prove to be an interesting experience.

This is what the flyer says I'm supposed to bring for the first one hour class:
- a hungry dog on a 6 ft leash with a soft collar
- food rewards, "3 times the amount you think you might need"
- an assortment of food
- 6 ft leash
- dog bed
- water bowl and water
- hardy chew toys to keep the dog occupied while I am listening to the instructor
- other optional random stuff in case I haven't yet injured my back while carrying the mandatory supplies

From the items that were repeated I think that she may have a problem with people showing up without 6 ft leashes and without treats, but that's just a guess.

Anyhow I bought three different kinds of dog treats that can be cut up into small sizes, so I think we're good on that point. And I already walk her on a leash that's close to 6 feet.


But let's be honest here. The main problem is not going to be Ginger, it's going to be me (and the other owners who are in the class).

So I bought myself some treats, too:

 

I think I've got the right idea...

No comments: