Sunday, January 19, 2014

Middle-aged Dogs Can Definitely Learn New Tricks That They Shouldn't

For some reason, Ginger (formerly known as "the little dog" and now just "the dog") has discovered a new-found love of rolling in really stinky things.

I'm not sure why this has suddenly come up but twice in the last month she's come back inside and brought with her a smell to peel the paint off the walls.

This most recent time I made her go back outside (because I was working and didn't have time to bathe her right then), and when I got tired of her throwing herself against the sliding glass door, I went out and dumped a bunch of spray-on shampoo around the problem area and tried to wipe it off with paper towels.

Do you know what smells worse than a dog that has rolled in something gross? A dog that has rolled in something gross and then been sprayed with shampoo that has some sort of perfume in it. I can't even describe it, but suffice it to say that Ginger was bathed well that evening.

Just one more reason I'm pretty sure I'm a cat person...

No comments: