Sunday, March 11, 2012

A defensive move...

This is what I do in the morning:

  1. Turn off the alarm that I set for 6:30 just so I can be happy I don't have to get up at 6:30.
  2. Go back to sleep.
  3. Turn off the alarm that I set for 7:00 just so I can enjoy not getting up at 7:00.
  4. Go back to sleep.
  5. Throw the bitey cat off the bed a few times.
  6. Get up.
  7. Stagger to the kitchen. Feed the cats.
  8. Stagger outside with the dogs and sit on the concrete in the backyard while they do their thing (because if I don't go outside with them, they run out the door, do a u-turn and come back inside, and then have accidents in the house).
  9. Come back inside with the dogs and feed them.
  10. Slowly wake up.
  11. Get dressed and walk the dogs.
  12. Take a shower and get ready for work.

Note that at no time before step 10 is there anything like "Brush my hair" or "Become presentable". That's because I live alone in a house and I have a fence surrounding my backyard, so nobody has to know that I just got up a 9am, or that I'm looking like the creature from the black lagoon when I take the dogs outside.

However, this week my neighbors were having their roof redone. So step 8 1/2 was: "Wave to the roofers as I take the dogs back inside."

Clearly I need a higher fence.

No comments: