Thursday, January 19, 2012

Just Run With It

So... as one of my perpetual attempts to regain the physique that I actually never had, I've decided to take up running.

I remember being able to run fairly effortlessly as a kid, and distance running was my thing for a while (mostly because I was never fast enough to beat anyone in a sprint). Then something happened. High school zapped all of the joint strength or something, and I've never been able to really run like that again.

But this year is going to be different. (Unless this year is the same.) Not only did I buy a new pair of shoes, I bought a little doohickey that hooks up to my iPod and keeps track of how far I run and what route I took and how fast I went.

I got it in the mail last week.

Yes. It's still in the box.

2 comments:

JJ said...

You could have downloaded a program onto your smartphone instead of getting the iPod thing. Just saying.

(I have many things to track exercise. I have yet to exercise.)

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

...if I had a smartphone.

(I'm waaaay too cheap to pay for a data plan.)

Anyhow, I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. My excuse today is that it is raining.