Thursday, November 17, 2011

Trying To Do My Part...

I walked downtown last Sunday with the express purpose of spending money, which felt a little odd, but my reasoning was that I'm always talking about how the downtown area has so many vacancies and I rarely spend money to support it.

For those keeping score, the nutritional quackery store closed a few weeks ago, and Dee's (which replaced Jim's Store) went out of business in less than six months. However, one of the restaurants that went out of business is being renovated and is opening up soon, and there's another gourmet hamburger place that recently opened.

Anyhow, the next time I feel the need to implement my own personal stimulus plan, I should probably not pick Sunday. Almost everything is closed on Sundays. I really ought to know this after living here for almost a decade. But the Western wear shop was open and I now know where to buy all of my camouflage clothing. (I did buy a thermal shirt there, so mission accomplished.)

I considered buying a skateboard, but decided that I didn't need to get that crazy. The mini pet supply store was open and I could have bought multiple Halloween costumes for the little dog, but I decided I would rather just give the shop money to stay open rather than buy clothing for my dogs. I did buy another set of clippers (since I think I permanently loaned the last pair to someone) so I could clip the big dog. I'll be sure to take before and after photos. How bad can it be?

Maybe next time I'll just get drunk in The Stag.

2 comments:

Vandoren Academy said...

What kind of mini pets does the pet store specialize in? ;)
Cookie is pretty lazy. I think she might enjoy a skateboard. Assuming that is that you attach the leash to the board and not her. Short legs could make pushing a challenge.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Ever since I started carrying a bag of kibble in my jacket pocket on our walks, the Pooklet has been specializing in the high jump every time she thinks I might give her one (which is pretty much always).

I think she might be afraid of a skateboard. But maybe a skateboard with food on it...