Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reason #546 Why I Would Be a Terrible Parent

I woke up this morning and found out that the cat-food restocking leprechauns had not visited while I was sleeping. Not only did we not have any of the usual Friskies (which I feed twice a day just to make sure everyone is eating), we didn't have any cans of the special diet Princess Crow is supposed to be getting, or tuna leftover from when K-poo stayed here, or even the weirdly gelatinous non-allergenic z/d from the cat who died over a year ago.

So I opened up a bag of cat treats (expiration date 12/08), dumped some on a plate, and went on with my day.

This is roughly the equivalent of running out of milk and then pouring Diet Coke on your child's Cap'n Crunch before sending them off to school in the morning.

And it's definitely worse than feeding your little sisters brownies and bagels in the morning.

Whatever.

9 comments:

Karen said...

Maybe the brownies and bagels fostered my Diet Coke addiction! I'm trying to remember... were we complaining about the brownies and bagels? sounds pretty awesome to me now!

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

It was pretty awesome. No, I don't think you were complaining. More like telling Mom the highlight of the weekend. Or tattling -- I'm not sure...

And there was at least an hour between the bagels and the brownies.

Eric said...

Diet Coke on Cap'n Crunch. Mmmmmmmm. I'm getting hungry.

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

I know, that sounds good, doesn't it? But, like alcohol and going to war, you're not allowed to have it until you're older.

Bee (the one who muses) said...

I want to live in your house but minus the cat treats.

When we were left unsupervised, we put a leetle bit of milk in the blender and about 10 candy bars so we could have a nice nutritious shake. mmmmm

A Free Man said...

I'm not suggesting that you go out and get knocked up, but I can tell you from first hand experience that the people who think they're going to be crap parents (ahem) make the best parents.

And I've fed my dog the same way ;)

jeff said...

Nothing brings out the commenters like the whiff of bad parenting.

Is this some correlary to godwin's law?

Or is it the talk of munchies?

Theresa B (of Nebulopathy) said...

Bee: Milk is nutritious, right? I think that qualifies as a meal. I've made worse.

AFM: I realized at Christmas that my nieces have been taught to approach me as they would a wild animal -- be quiet, move slowly, and don't make any sudden movements. It works for me.

Meg said...

I hate when those leprechauns slip up.