Sunday, January 4, 2009

Movie Review: Ironman

I finally watched Ironman this evening, and I guess it was okay. It’s an adaptation of a comic book, so it’s a bit simplistic in terms of plot, but it was watchable.

JoJo, you could handle this movie since there are really only four characters and they are easily distinguished from each other: one is bald, one is black, one’s a woman, and the other (Robert Downey, Jr.) has the stupidest mustache/goatee combination I’ve ever seen.

The basic premise is this: Tony Stark is a bazillionaire weapons manufacturer who is kidnapped by some bad guys. The bad guys also have his latest weapon in a bunch of boxes, but instead of following the directions and assembling it, they let their captive pretend to assemble it with welding equipment and a forge, and he makes a super duper flying suit and escapes. Then he goes back home and builds a better version while the other bad guy builds a bigger version. They fight it out in the end and destroy a bunch of stuff. The good guy wins. Oh, and there’s some obligatory sexual tension / sexual harassment with the woman who is his employee.

So, as you can see, there’s a whole lot of time during the movie to think about other things, and I spent most of it trying to decide whether I wanted Tony Stark’s Malibu mansion.

Pros:

- Great view
- Nice indoor water feature
- Cool gadgets

Cons:

- I didn’t see anywhere to take the dog outside to go potty. And she would probably fall off the edge of the cliffs into the ocean since there weren’t any guard rails.
- There would be water everywhere inside since the cats insist on playing in running water. And I’d probably have to pee every five minutes if I had the sound of water running constantly.
- The gadgets would probably stop working on a regular basis and you’d have to keep an emergency camp stove and flashlight nearby.

Anyhow, that’s my movie review. I think they're making a sequel, so maybe I'll get to see some other parts of the house in the future and that will help make my decision.

No comments: