Thursday, December 31, 2015

The Best Part About Leaving...

Before I checked out of the hotel this morning I went for a run from the zombies and was outpaced by some guy wearing jeans who looked older than I was. And no, his legs weren't longer than mine. Clearly I am going to be zombie food when they break free.
Lunch at Dennys in Coalinga (aka, Coaling Station A): I talked to my waitress only once, when she asked if everything was okay halfway through the meal. The guy who seated me took my order and brought the food and silverware. I've noticed a pattern over the years -- the week between Christmas and New Year's is a little iffy at that restaurant. The often don't have half the menu, and the waitstaff seems to be hiding from the customers (probably because they don't have any food). And yet I still eat there because every time I've tried someplace else it's been worse. Maybe next year I'll just grab a big bag of chips at the gas station and call it good.

Anyhow, I made it back in pretty good time and the cats and the birds were happy to see me. The dog gets another two days at camp, but I'm sure she'll be happy to see me as well. She's pretty easy to please.

Here's one last picture for the year. Obviously I haven't quite fixed the whole lighting problem, but I promise there's a cat in this picture. And possibly a panda. I don't know.

No comments: