Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Do Zombies Dream Of Cephalic Peeps?

Agility tonight -- the little dog was awesome.

As much as I'd like to say it was because I was on top of my game and gave her the right signals at exactly the right time... the truth is that I switched treats and she was really into the weird greasy meat tater tots, or whatever they were. She only went running off to do her own thing once, and even then she came back after fifteen seconds.

In other news, tomorrow starts week three of the "Zombies, Run!" 5k training app. Up until this point it's been reasonable easy because
  • Week 1: Repetitions of 15 seconds of running followed by 1 minute of walking
  • Week 2: Repetitions of 30 seconds of running followed by 1 minute of walking
Now suddenly on week three, it's five minutes of running. This could be a problem. I mean, I'm pretty sure I could do one minute of running, but five? What kind of logical progression is this?

So yeah, tomorrow night I'll probably be dead in a ditch someplace. And the zombies will be feasting on my corpse. Or I'll be a zombie. I don't quite understand how it's supposed to work from an energy standpoint -- if everyone who gets killed by a zombie turns into a zombie, what is powering the zombies? Is the universe suddenly allowing perpetual motion machines? (In case it's not clear, I came home from agility and opened a bottle of cider.)

Well, now I've brought logic into it. Clearly that's a mistake.

Right. Well, if I survive tomorrow's run, I'll let you know how it went...

No comments: