Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Slip Sliding Away...

Did I say I was going to update the blog every day during October? A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds and all that.

I'm going to blame the day off on the fact that in an incredibly graceful (and possibly ironic, although I can never remember the correct meaning of the word) moment, I severely decreased my potential energy during agility class. For those who didn't pay attention in physics, that means I fell.

It was a fine sliding fall, worthy of being filmed, and the only saving grace is that it wasn't being filmed or I'm sure someone would have a link to it in facebook by now. The course went from the teeter to a jump and then a sharp turn to the A-frame, and the dog made the sharp turn and I didn't. He's a service dog, though, so he stopped halfway up the A-frame to make sure I was okay. There was a little reproach in his gaze, too, because he really likes running full tilt over the A-frame. Yes, the dog was trying to make me feel guilty.

It's not really a good excuse for not updating the blog, though, since I didn't really feel the effects until this evening. Luckily I fell on a well-padded portion of my body. Hm. That describes most of it. I guess I'm just lucky I didn't fall on my head.

Anyhow, that's my excuse and I'm sticking with it. Tomorrow I'll be back to telling more remodeling stories.

Unless I forget again.

No comments: