Friday, October 2, 2015

Puppy Post!

The little dog and I went next door to play with the cute puppy this evening.

First I'd like to say that I don't have any pictures of the cute puppy, because I didn't bring my camera. Or my phone. I'm old. I just don't get the whole photograph-everything-and-share-it-with-the-world mentality. (Yes, I realize that one could make a snide comment about making such a statement on a public blog.)

So instead of a picture of the cute puppy, here's a picture of my little dog instead. It's not a particularly recent picture because 1) see above, and 2) every time I try to take a picture of her, she acts like I'm about to beat her, so I have about twenty pictures of an abused-looking dog, and then this one:



Anyhow, here's what the cute puppy did while we were there:
  • Tried really, really hard to get Ginger to play with him. Ginger mostly ignored him, although she did get into play mode twice for about two seconds.
  • Played fetch with me using a lemon (because he didn't have any toys for me to throw and the lemon was on the ground).
  • Dug in the dirt.
  • Dug in the compost pile.
  • Dug in the gravel pile.
  • Climbed into the chicken's (full) water bucket.
  • Tried to get me to play fetch using a big piece of something he pulled from the compost pile. I declined. I wasn't born yesterday, puppy.
  • Ate feathers blowing around the yard from the molting chicken.
  • Ate chunks of the big piece of something he pulled from the compost pile.
  • Tried to get Ginger to play with him some more.
A fun time was had by all, except possibly Ginger who was sitting at the gate waiting to go home.



No comments: